How long does the average funace last?
The life of a well-maintained furnace can be at least 15 to 20 years, but some owners extend their furnace’s life even further by performing routine maintenance and receiving prompt repairs.
Some factors affect a furnace’s lifespan. Here are some to consider:
• You need a system that’s the right size for your home.
• Furnaces that cycle more quickly becomes more prone to wear out their parts. As a result, if the furnace is too big, it will turn on and off much too fast.
• If your furnace cannot heat your home correctly, it can run too long and reduce the amount of heat your home receives, which can also wear parts out.
• Ductwork that is too small, too big, or sealed too inadequately can limit airflow.
• Poor drainage system for extremely energy-efficient furnaces
• A fuel line installed incorrectly
• Regular maintenance isn’t being performed.
• Keeping the thermostat between 60 °F and 80 °F